[취재파일] 4 trillion exports of domestic ‘Cheongung-Ⅱ’ imminent… They blocked mass production 4 years ago, why did they do that?

Love

▲ Korean medium-range intercept system Cheongung-II battery, which is about to export to UAE

The export of the mid-range surface-to-air interception system Chungung-II jointly developed by LIG Nex1 and Hanwha Systems to the UAE is imminent. The day (16th), the UAE Ministry of Defense announced on Twitter its plan to introduce the Cheongung-II. The UAE Ministry of Defense estimated the contract size of the Cheongung-II to be $3.5 billion, or KRW 4.1 trillion in Korean money. Currently, last-minute negotiations between Korea and the UAE are in full swing, and the conclusion of the contract is expected at the end of the year.

 

If successful, it will be the largest export of a single domestic weapon. It’s good news, but the Blue House, the Ministry of National Defense, and the Bangsa Office are quiet. It’s just that. Just four years ago, the Blue House and the Ministry of National Defense actively prevented the mass production of the Cheongung-II, which had just been developed. If things went according to their will, and if the willing people did not unite and resist, Cheongung-II could not exist on Earth, let alone export 4 trillion units to the UAE.

At the regular briefing of the Ministry of National Defense today, I was asked, “Why did you do that then?” The Ministry of National Defense declined to answer immediately. Even if you have a mouth, you will not be able to speak. I’m really curious as to why they did that.

 

Cut the breath of Cheongoong-II!

Cheongung-II was judged for combat suitability in June 2017. This is the result of recording 100% accuracy in five intercept tests conducted in a way that the Scud, Nodong missile and the radar radio wave reflection area were designed to fall at several times the speed of sound. It’s a great development success.

 

The next procedure is full-scale production, that is, mass production. At this point, the government set the brakes. At the front stood Song Young-moo, then Minister of National Defense. Mass production review, practically pushed to abandon mass production. At the National Assembly on October 31, 2017, former Minister Song Young-moo said, “The Aegis is coming soon, and if you do it (Cheongung-II mass-production), it’s a waste. I thought about money first, and then I thought about tactical thinking.” The logic is that mass production of the Cheongung-II is a waste of money and redundant investment by building an Aegis ship equipped with an anti-aircraft ship.

 

I did not understand the intention of killing the newest domestic weapon that was developed with great effort, so I asked the Blue House. A key Blue House official told SBS reporter, “The Cheongung-II is a very old weapon, and it is a model that should be discarded within 5 years” and “a very backward model”. It seems that the Ministry of National Defense and the Blue House have reached a firm agreement to abolish Cheongung-II.

Many people took all kinds of harm and opposed it with all their might. It was planned to deploy fewer than 10 Cheongung-II batteries and hundreds of interceptor missiles. The Cheongung-II is the largest in quantity and quality in the Korean missile defense system. Several media outlets pressed for mass production, and the government reluctantly decided to mass-produce it.

Cheongung-II launch pad unveiled at the 2017 Armed Forces Day event 

Nevertheless, the self-congratulatory DNA of the Bangsa Agency

The Cheongung-II, which was mass-produced for a lifetime, through opposition from the Ministry of National Defense and the Blue House, was put into full force in November last year. The DAPA heavily promoted electrification. A separate promotional video was made and distributed to the media, but a person named the Multilayer Defense Guided Weapons Project Team Leader suddenly appeared and said, “To reassure the public by developing and deploying a system capable of responding to any threat of ammunition. I will,” he said.

It is like Bangsacheong, who didn’t say a word when Cheongung-II ran out of breath, and when the Cheongung-II activity started, he slyly put a spoon on it. At the same time last year, around this time last year, when Kang Eun-ho, director of the Defense Agency, abandoned his deputy director position and tried to become the director of the Defense Science Research Institute, all sorts of expedients were rampant. followed. The defense industry believes that the root of this scourge is in the Bangsa Office, which killed the Cheongung-II into electric power.

 

The Bangbang Agency has a knack for self-congratulations. When the renegotiation of the KF-21 Korea-Indonesia share renegotiation was concluded on the 11th, Commissioner Kang Eun-ho made a mentally triumphant remark, saying, “I am 120% satisfied”, and the head of the KF-21 project of the DAPA said, “There was a quick result because the director of the DAPA worked hard.” He praised Chief Kang. They just agreed to receive the money, and 30% of the 1.6 trillion won in Indonesia’s contribution is to be paid in kind with local specialties.

If the export of Cheongung-II to the UAE goes well, Cheongung-II is expected to walk on a solid road in the future. The industry is confident that further exports to other countries will follow. When the export of Cheongung-II to the UAE is finally confirmed, or when news of additional exports are heard, the Blue House, the Ministry of National Defense, and the DAPA will have to reflect desperately. And if possible, I would like you to openly reveal why you did it 4 years ago. I would like to express my sincere respect to LIG Nex1 and Hanwha Systems, who overcame all kinds of pressures and crossed the ninth ridge of export of Cheongung-II.

Reference-news.sbs.co.kr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *