For a dreamy lash look
No more artificial eyelashes, because with an eyelash booster you get long eyelashes and a thick lash line. GALA tells you how.
Who does not know it: natural, short eyelashes without any curl? The women often help with artificial eyelashes, but a lot is also possible with an eyelash curler, mascara or eyelash lift. You can find out which mascara conjures up particularly beautiful and curved eyelashes in our mascara test. But why you can simply use an eyelash booster, i.e. an eyelash serum, to realize your dream of long and voluminous eyelashes, you will find out below.
What actually is an eyelash booster?
Eyelash boosters are mainly called Eyelash serum, eyelash growth serum or lash booster known. Its main function is to stimulate the natural growth of the eyelashes, to thicken the lash line and to thicken the tiny hairs. People who have rather thin and fine eyelash hairs can use one Eyelash boosters help to create a thicker and more voluminous lash line.
Because the good thing about the eyelash serum is that it strengthens every single hair substance when used, thereby stimulating the growth of the entire lash line so that it then not only grows longer but also thicker. This, in turn, has the advantage that the eyelashes usually become more resistant and the lifespan of each individual eyelash is often automatically extended.
Which ingredients can be found in eyelash boosters?
Eyelash boosters are also there to gently care for and strengthen the eyelashes and to intensify the natural color of the eyelashes – and this is exactly where the ingredients of the serum come into play. Because an eyelash serum contains nutrients that on the one hand beautify the eyelashes and on the other hand improve the condition of the eyelashes.
The natural active ingredients include aloe vera, which strengthens the eyelashes and has a moisturizing effect, above all vitamins, amino acids, minerals, trace elements, isoflavones (yellowish colored plant pigments) and glyconutrients (essential sugar). They accelerate the growth of the eyelashes and have an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect.
Here are some of the ingredients found in many eyelash serums:
- Hyaluronic acid cares for the eyelashes. It gives the eyelashes the moisture they need and provides them with sufficient nutrients and antioxidants so that they remain beautifully supple.
- Vitamin E neutralizes the harmful free radicals of our cells.
- Panthenol, also known as vitamin B5, gives the lashes shine and moisture and fills fine hairline cracks.
- Peptide, wie Biotin, support the natural production of keratin, the main component of the eyelashes. They also penetrate deep into the hair fibers of the eyelashes, which stimulates and strengthens the hair structure of the fine eyelashes so that they do not fall out so quickly.
- Black Sea Rod Oil is a hormone-free oil that is obtained from corals and is particularly suitable for sensitive skin due to its low side effects and promotes eyelash growth.
- Sweet almond oil ensures adequate care from the hair roots to the tips.
- caffeine has a similar effect to peptides. It primarily supplies the eyelashes with nutrients and serves to dilate blood vessels.
- Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans (short GAG) also bind moisture and ensure more elasticity and firmness of the eyelashes.
- Cucumber extract prevents and soothes irritation.
- Ginseng strengthens and nourishes the eyelashes.
- Nettle and green tea are rich in flavonoids, plant substances and tannin (a natural tannin). They also stimulate the growth of the eyelashes.
How and how often do I apply the eyelash serum?
In order to achieve good results during the application, it is important that you use the eyelash booster nightlyjust before you apply your face cream to your face, use the brush to apply it. But before you start, you should always clean your face carefully to free it of dirt, possible make-up residues and mascara residues. If your eyelid is no longer damp, but dry, you can start using an eyelash serum. To do this, dip the enclosed brush applicator into the serum and then apply it careful and thin the eyelash booster along your upper lash line, always from the inner to the outer corner of the eye.
So that the effect of the Eyelash serum can develop fully, you should use it regularly. If you do then Your desired length and density of the eyelashes is achieved you can choose the frequency of application of the serum Reduce to once or twice a week.
When are possible successes visible?
Unfortunately, the exact chances of success cannot be generalized, because every person has individual eyelashes, but according to the manufacturer first visible results after four to six weeks to recognize. Genetic predisposition, one’s own lifestyle and health can also influence the effectiveness of the eyelash serum. Like everything in life, the eyelashes need some time to change when used with an eyelash booster. Then the eyelashes should appear visibly stronger and fuller, so that the eyelash curler and even the mascara, which conjured up voluminous eyelashes, are superfluous.
How much does an eyelash booster cost?
A good eyelash serum usually costs between 20 and 70 euros. Depending on the ingredients, the prices can also be significantly higher, like this one Eyelash Booster from RevitaLash. But you also know exactly what you are getting for your money.
What side effects can eyelash serums have?
It is well known that eyelash boosters can also have side effects. Users are primarily affected by itching, redness, skin irritation, burning and dryness. However, impaired visual acuity or intolerance for contact lens wearers are also possible side effects. As soon as you have discontinued the eyelash serum, these should also go away again. Unfortunately, the use of a serum leads to permanent damage in some cases. For example, it could happen that the iris turns darker. But we don’t want to think about that in the first place, which is why we are giving you a few helpful tips on what to look out for when buying a serum.
What should you look out for when buying an eyelash serum?
- Use eyelash boosters from well-known companies.
- Pay close attention to the ingredients of the eyelash serum and always rely on hormone-free and natural ingredients such as aloe vera, oils and extracts and vitamins.
- Castor oil is a great alternative to eyelash serum.