What does it mean to celebrate the wooden wedding? Everything you need to know as well as ideas for congratulations and poems can be found here.
The wooden wedding, also called wooden wedding, is celebrated after five years – Half a decade of marriage is a nice first milestone. After ten years, the rose wedding follows. In some regions, the wooden wedding is only celebrated after ten years and the rose wedding after five wedding anniversaries.
Meaning: That is why it is called the Wooden Wedding
Wood is a stable material that can still be processed well. The relationship between the couple has become more stable, but they should continue to work on it. In connection with this, various proverbs come to mind, such as “Wherever there is planing, chips fall” or “Knock on wood”, which also apply well to this anniversary.
The industrious wedding also falls in connection with the wooden wedding. However, one speaks of the offspring: The industrious wedding is celebrated when the couple already has several children after five years, that is, when they were “diligent”.
Celebrate: yes or no?
It goes without saying that a couple decides for themselves whether or not they want to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Some choose one intimate Fest only in pairs, others organize one small celebration. In that case, matching Invitation cards not missing, these can already reflect the motto of the celebration. Either through a hint or through the visual design of the card. The cheering couple should make sure to send the invitations for the wedding anniversary in good time!
Wooden wedding celebration and customs
If the couple would like a celebration, it is of course written Motto “wood” in the foreground. Wood chips are part of decoration, as are other elements and customs:
- Wooden discs
- Wooden heart
- Cutting board with engraving
- Wooden shamrocks
- Wooden spoon
- Wooden horseshoes
- Lettering made of wood
In combination with flowers and / or lace elements, the wooden decoration looks very romantic and playful.
In some regions it is common for the cheering couple to be at the wooden wedding Wedding dancerepeated – in wooden shoes. These can also be wonderfully integrated into the spatial festival design.
Wooden wedding: the cake to the party
The motif design of cakes leaves nothing to be desired, as these delicacies prove:
5th wedding anniversary gifts
If the couple has invited to a celebration, nobody wants to show up empty-handed for their wedding day. Here, too, it is charming to take up the motto or theme of the wedding day. The cheering couple is happy about these gift ideas:
The couple can give each other pieces of jewelry such as a watch or a wooden pendant. They not only look classy, but accompany both of them for a long time.
The luxurious bridal look is reminiscent of a certain royal wedding
Congratulations on the wooden wedding
Anyone who is invited on the occasion of a wedding day should enclose an appealing greeting card with the attentive present. A few lovely words or wedding sayings should not be missing from the guests.
The structure is very simple: The salutation is followed by personal congratulations. A nice quote, tailored to the cheering couple, before or after the salutation is also a charming idea. At the end, a greeting rounds off the card.
Options for the salutation
- Dear cheering couple,
- Dear aunt X, dear uncle Y,
- Dear X, dear Y,
Inspirations for congratulations
Let yourself be inspired by these ideas for wedding sayings, we have selected the most beautiful ideas:
- “I wish you all the best for your wedding day: health, happiness, contentment – and that for all eternity!”
- “We wish you all the best for your 5th wedding anniversary. May the next 5 years be even more beautiful.”
- “We congratulate you on your wooden wedding and wish you all the best and love for the next 5 years. Stay as happy as you are today.”
- “We congratulate you on your 5th wedding anniversary and wish you all the best for the future.”
- “5 years have passed and you are as happy as on the first day. We congratulate you from the bottom of our hearts and wish only the best for the years to come.”
Sayings and quotes about the wooden wedding
- “You have to carve your life out of the wood you have available; even if it were crooked and gnarled.” Theodor Storm
- “Marriage is and will remain the most important journey of discovery that a person can undertake.” Soeren Kierkegaard
- “Crooked wood burns as well as straight wood.” German proverb
- “We are shaped and shaped by what we love.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “One carries wood, the other warms himself with it.” Wilhelm Busch
- “The greatest happiness in love is to find rest in another heart.” Julie de Lespinasse
- “Time flies, love endures.” Latin proverb
- “A person is only really rich when he has the heart of a loved one.” Greta Garbo
- “Love bears everything, it believes everything, it hopes everything, it tolerates everything. Love never ends.” (1 Corinthians 13: 7 + 8a)
- “Happiness is love, nothing else. Those who can love are happy.” Hermann Hesse
Love poems for the wedding day
Sometimes words are lacking yourself, but you know exactly what you are feeling. Poems help to express feelings when it is difficult for yourself to do so. You can decorate a greeting card or the spouses recite poems to each other. Here is a selection of ideas:
“I am of my soul
In your only conscious
My heart can never rest
Than just on your chest!
My heart can never beat
Than just for you
I am so entirely yours
So forever yours. “
“Now the soul is softened again
and breathes with the blue day
and by the resurrected members
throbbing fresh blood, strengthened blow.
We sit side by side, chatting
and feel our hearts united;
the boat strives mightily into the distance,
and we, we guess what it means. “
“So take my hands and guide me,
until my blissful end and forever.
I don’t like to walk alone, not a step
where you will go and see, take me with you. “
Julie von Hausmann
“It must be something wonderful
For the life of two souls?
Close themselves completely to one another,
Never hide a word;
And joy and sorrow and happiness and hardship
So carry with each other
From the first kiss to death
Just tell yourself about love. “
Oscar Freiherr von Redwitz
“You are the rose of my love,
The roses from my heart’s corridor.
There were other flower shoots
Only premonition of my rose.
The pile came to blow up
Every trace had to disappear
That there would be room for my rose
Who swore to me to stay forever. “
“O happy who found a heart
That thinks and ponders only in love
And loyally connected with love
His more beautiful life is just beginning!
Where two hearts love one another
To be only one in joy and sorrow
Heaven’s sun must shine there
And smile cheerfully every time.
Love, only love is life:
Can you christmas your heart of love
So God has given you enough
Hail to you! The whole world is yours! “
August Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben
Which anniversaries and wedding days will be celebrated next?
These celebrations and wedding anniversaries are due in your marriage after the mutual engagement and wedding:
- Ox wedding: Depending on the region, after 14 days, 5, 6, 9 or 10 years
- Paper wedding: One year after the wedding
- Rose wedding: 10 years after the wedding
- Silver wedding anniversary: 25 years after the wedding
- Perlenhochzeit: 30 years after the wedding
- Rubinhochzeit: 40 years after the wedding
- Goldenwedding: 50 years after the wedding
- Diamond wedding: 60 years after the wedding
Sources used: weddyplace.com, pinterest.de